Wednesday 17 August 2016

Father'$ money is better spent



On Aug 17, 2016 12:31 PM, "Sam Decter" <samdecter@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> > On Aug 15, 2016 9:43 PM, "Mdwara Decter" <dmzmgmt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > > > I was in fine form once I gave notice at the café. I waved at the cute Irish server, beckoned her into the kitchen to tell her she's a stunner.
> > What do you want, a coffee or something? She asked coyly, and a bit suspicious.
>
> > I shook my head and grinned.
> > You just wanted to tell me that I'm a stunner?
> > I nodded.
> > By the end of the night, the ladies out front had invited me out for drinks on Tuesday.  Quite a summer so far:-) a whirlwind of city heat and flashes of sweet romance. Most people I know have been pretty steadily freaked out. One had an accidental electric shock. Then a surprise pickup set. With all chasing dreams and unicorns. What was the title? Toss em all in a sack and let them sort out who's God. Who is this band? Terrible and the Horribles, great two-piece. Coming soon to the Tinderbox: Glass Hand (prev sic) Green Girl, Sarah Ayton, Marlon Chaplin, Kody Penno. Lots of local visual artists. Obvi you're invited. Be there for brunch. And what do you do? Drop us a line at the dmz, where conversations become publications, let's become a friendly network of promotion, sans unnecessary stress or mess, fuss or muss. Where's capitalism getting you so far? What did you do with your days off? Hire some beautiful, underpaid folks to serve you food and liquor? Where's the satisfaction? I got mine this week, and it helps me smile sweet, walk cool. Respect. The point is to be nice while thinking bad. Surface and ground. Gallant, Glad. There's shots all over. Enjoy the scenery, do not harass the animals. Productive, invitational. Not all public scenes are social situations. Again, obvi: in the divisive crush we're encouraged to follow all threads, all treads, all weather. But that line's ajar.
>
> Ramsey can't get out the kitchen. He's in the yearbook, now: chef, timpanist, drummer. With creative sidebar and shucking set. Celebrate your grandmothers name, listen: All aboard for evolution, the more impressionable the better. We need people/she is strong as fuck the system. Who was it even?  like one of those dudes who like finds not my dog and then like stays. The unicorn cancelled tonight, called in to work. I have my plans, and am learning to enjoy the spaces and void in between, line up laundry, groceries, though father's money is better spent. So I ended up talking to kids fad today. And Dave, Sabrina. Ten years later. DB Boston (sic) Tokyo breakfast. Holllllllllaaaaaaaa
> >
> > > > > Fuck the insecure playas, they're games. I have no time. I know the names: intimidation, contradiction, manipulation, condescension. I know where I'm safe, watching meteors on the all stars patio with Dee, Nicole, AJ, Nadia and Peter. In a swift slumber, through a dark realm, I see them all divided by stress and work. In another universe, another timeline, another lifetime. (Daniel, let me draw you the graph sometime) In another work place, set against one other through our precise points of understanding. I am satisfied and I respond to the sexual overload of downtown in as gentlemanly a manner as I can while wearing a ball cap. Les femmes, vous etes belles. Bonsoir (tips hat)
>
> > > > > I pack a truck full of food and laugh away. I have spent all evening avoiding my coworkers and scrubbing walls, singing Elvis Costello songs. You heard. I knew. They were going to give me a medal for this. And I wasn't even in their fucking army anymore. Which is to say that it was a busy weekend, in the world of work, and a hot one two. These are the days, half a block from the local. I wake up wearing a 'god loves parkdale' t-shirt, with a pillow under my head. I'm late! Grab bacon. Family gathers for brunch. A day off in my new home becomes a jam at the dog, Magic Mike XL and Burlesque. My circle is made up of singers and dancers, those who are unable to ignore music's call, those who see pocket hands and mugs of soda water and quote assholes to document their abuse. This is the time of no bullshit. Simply because it is unnecessary. Life and work are hard enough without the noise. Music is noises, beat, really going. Let's keep an eye on the captain. I will absolve this self reflexion. We are all here now. Here we are now. So.....? Will you waste opportunities for growth trying to connect with a real fantasy, or are you willing, able, and open enough to tackle the moments, consequences of your own responsibility, those chaotic waves you have surfed since birth; urges, purges, words and worth? Well good so far, and thank you so much. Let's start with a picnic, an ice cream, eau de livingroom dance party, late night cheeseburgers. On the roof in the rain,  real beauty keeps opening up, to stay connected. We are naked,  three of us, we are all gorgeous and damp, cooled by the descending dew and grandious view.  Revolution is in our hands, on our terms. A week is a start and the sparks still burn. Making space for this and other modes of healing expression. Meetings, greetings, feelings, confessions, life and love and learning. Lessons.


No comments:

Post a Comment